Wednesday, April 21, 2010

my big break...

.....I realized just recently, while watching Parenthood, that I haven't had a break on my own in almost 5 years. I HAVE to take a break! I deserve a break right? I don't remember a time when I wasn't "in charge" of someone....even on my vacation last month, still had to take care of Billy. A few dear friends have recently started blogging about running. They have both mentioned the freedom that running brings. I'm not sure if it's the running (or walking in my case) or just the fact that they are away from the kids. I think it has to be the kid thing. For my sanity and the well being of my family I have decided to take 30 minutes away from everyone every day.....I need it!  
Today I went for a wonderful walk, all alone, well except for these guys....
I noticed something when I returned from my walk.....the world won't end if I walk away from the house. The kids might steal a pen and add some creative touches to the new bed, destroy important documents and undo a few hours worth of cleaning (remember I was only gone 30 minutes) but they will live, and because I get out of the house, so will I.
I think my break and I are going to be very good friends, very good friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment